Thursday, February 17, 2011

Watchdog at Work

In our apartment, the room that Queezle and I spend the most time in has two windows that face the apartment complex next door. Queezle has for the most part gotten used to people walking by our windows at all hours of the day and night, but for whatever reason, the guys who live in the apartment on the end like to make their phone calls outside. No problem right?

Wrong. Whenever one of them makes a call, he paces back and forth in front of his apartment, in full view of both my couch and the lounge chair, Queezle's two favorite spots. I can sympathize, as I myself am incapable of standing still while talking on the phone, but to Queezle, pacing is a very suspicious activity, especially where strangers are concerned. Watchdog that she is, she barks and/or growls to make sure that strange guy stays far away from her territory.

The guys probably aren't thrilled that my dog barks at them every time they try to make a phone call, but to her they look like they're planning an attack or have something wrong with them, and in either case she wants no part of it. For my part, I tell her to be quiet and consider myself lucky to have a 24-7, no-batteries-required security system.

What's out there Queezle?

1 comment: